Due to planned maintenance, there may be some disruption to this service between 7am and 9am on the 6th of October. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Meldrum House Stables and Coachhouse, Old Meldrum

+ -
Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Formerly Known As

Meldrum House Stables and Coachhouse

Project Background

The U-plan stable and coach house buildings originally date from 1628, but were altered in the late 18th century and include a doocot to the upper floor of the gatehouse.

The owners of Meldrum House Country Hotel and Golf Course recognised the potential of developing the block through a substantial £2.5 million programme which has greatly enhanced the attractiveness and commercial potential of the facilities. The doo'cot was retained within the re-development with the nesting boxes utilised as a wine store!

The A listed stable block has been transformed into 13 modern luxury suites with a new state-of-the-art conference centre for up to 50 delegates. 

Building Information

Building Dates
1628; 1777(?)
Architects
Unknown
Listing Category
A
Conservation Area
Planning Authority
Aberdeenshire
Date of Entry to the Risk Register
1 May 1996

Image Gallery

Before

After

Development Project Information

Project Architect

The William Cowie Partnership

Project Client

Meldrum Country House & Golf Course

End Users

Meldrum Country House & Golf Course

Overall Project Cost

£2.5 million

Grant Aiders

Historic Scotland

Project Contacts/Information Sources